We are looking for a Front Office Desk Secretary for an International tanker company based in Amsterdam.
Representation & Reception Duties
- Receive and welcome guests and visitors.
- Answer all incoming phone calls (company’s general phone number), take and distribute messages and/or direct callers to appropriate staff member or department.
- Collect information and send/hand this to appropriate staff member or department.
- Execute routine/daily work errands such as going to the post office or a store.
E-mail, Mail & Couriers
- Read incoming e-mails, answer them or forward them to the appropriate staff member or department and ensure proper follow-up.
- Collect, sort and distribute incoming mail and (courier) parcels.
- Collect and prepare outgoing mail and ensure timely sending via regular or registered mail or via courier.
- Monitor company agenda and meeting room calendars.
- Prepare meeting rooms and organize meeting arrangements when and where required.
- Manage company contact & phone lists and distribute accordingly.
- Scan or copy documents.
- Handle the petty cash register and prepare the monthly expenses report.
- Assist in collecting information on, and arranging business travels for staff members as per instructions from HR.
- Book taxis for staff members, visitors and guests.
- Monitor office supplies, prepare orders and follow-up on delivery and storage.
- Ensure timely and correct filing of company documents and coordinate in- and external archiving.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the company kitchen area.
- Maintain and ensure tidiness of general office areas and meeting rooms; coordinate appropriate cleaning when and where required.
- Ensure timely paper loading of general printers and monitor servicing of office equipment (printers, coffee machine, kitchen appliances, etc.).
- Assist CEO with agenda management
- Flights and travels
- Assist with planning and organization of company events.
- Assist in the collection of information on temporary accommodation for new-hired employees coming from abroad, and support them in the search for permanent housing (contact rental agencies, make appointments, provide information on utilities, etc.).
- Other ad hoc duties and tasks when so assigned.
- Native speaker in Dutch and English
- Polite and empathic